Agriculture and farming businesses are complex and need an Enterprise Resource Solution (ERP) to fit specific industry needs. Agribusinesses needs a solution to manage not only bookkeeping and tax planning, but also procurement, production, operations, and distribution. It also needs to be scalable, something that can easily accommodate your growing business.
One popular ERP choice for many agribusinesses is Acumatica. This modern, cloud ERP solution handles everything you need from maintaining business operations, to ensuring product quality, comprehensive accounting needs, inventories, supply chain management, and distribution. With this single platform all your departments work together, accounting, purchasing, sales, inventory, HR, and other administrative areas.
Does your ERP solution do all this?
- Essential reports, out-of-the-box, with drill-down capabilities for all your financial information
- Dashboards for at-a-glance, real-time information
- Anywhere, anytime, any device access
- Comprehensive inventory management for spoilage, accurate counts, and more
- Efficient resource utilization methods
- Best-in-class data storage and security
- Unlimited user licenses, including a vendor portal
- Optimal forecasting of resources to better manage and scale production
- Adaptable system for business compliances, new regulations, and protocols
- Seamless integration with hundreds of applications and an open-API platform
- eCommerce ready
Acumatica for the Agriculture Industry
Look at how Acumatica has helped these Agribusinesses grow their business, keep customers happy, and increase profits.
“For the first time in years, everything is reconciled and up-to-date. We were never fully reconciled with the old system. Now, with Acumatica, we can see accurate information for our whole business, it’s always up-to-date, and we only have to look in one place.” ~ Dr. David Gnad, Veterinarian and Partner, Nebraska Vet Services
This citrus farming business in Florida switched from Microsoft Dynamics to Acumatica, saving them time and money:
- Reduction of ERP-related programs from 14 to 4
- Improved connectivity and productivity for staff through remote access
- Time and money savings from greater operational efficiency
- Web-based system will allow quicker disaster recovery
Read the IMG Enterprises Success Story
A Vermont based popular online retailer of wildflower seeds, perennial plants, flower bulbs, and vegetable seeds to consumers and corporations in North America. Acumatica provided them a solid foundation for growth.
- Eliminated duplicate entry into multiple systems, saving employees time and reducing errors
- Gained a single solution to operate the business, unifying operations
- Acquired accurate and real-time data with a fully integrated ERP solution and online store
- Leveraged dashboard reporting for improved insights into financials & operations
- Increased customer satisfaction with greater transparency into the end-to-end ordering process
Download the American Meadows Acumatica ERP Details
Supplier of finished fruit trees out of Washington. Acumatica helped solve their problems with inventory and accounting systems working together.
- Connected business systems, streamlining operations and saving time
- Improved inventory management, conforming to the way C&O does business
- Gained flexible Payroll system that solved for seasonal agricultural worker requirements
- Provided online inventory access to customers & sales team, improving customer service
- Improved traceability and tracking of commissions and royalties for ease of audit
- Eliminated manual duplicate data entry & errors, gaining time to focus on higher level tasks with efficiency
Read how Acumatica Helped C&O Nursery
Cornell Cooperative Extension
A land grant non-profit in New York implemented Acumatica to help gain real-time insights into grants, programs, and operations.
- Automated manual processes, empowering employees with self-service capabilities and saving countless hours
- Improved reporting responsiveness and eliminated long wait times with real-time information
- Boosted employee productivity and reduced onboarding and training time with an intuitive application
- Implemented a robust financial platform that flexes to support how non-profits operate, handling fund accounting and grant management with ease
- Achieved a connected platform to support ongoing growth and fulfill its mission, improving the lives of New York residents
See Why Cornell Cooperative Extension Chose Acumatica ERP
Kelly Products, Inc.
A holding business for 13 diverse agribusiness brands needed a solution to connect and manage their entire intercompany business.
- Automated financial reporting, inventory transfers, vendor, payments, cash management, and inter-company transfers across multiple related companies
- Reduced time from two months to one week for month-end close
- Provided real-time access to critical financial data
- Connected internally developed inventory system to accounting system, eliminating manual entries performed by multiple data entry staff
- Gained real-time access to inventory data
- Flexible platform with access to scores of third-party products
Read More About Kelly Products & Acumatica
Premier 1 Supplies
Online supplier of livestock equipment needed a flexible and comprehensive system to replace their old Sage Mas500 system. Acumatica was the only one that fit their needs.
- Access to the open API framework of Acumatica
- Gained access to company data throughout the organization
- Displayed real-time customer information, increasing sales opportunities
- Cut time to receive reports by three days
- Developed B2C customizations and workflows in house, avoiding the expense of outside development & customization
Learn About How Premier 1 Uses Acumatica
Nebraska Vet Services (NVS)
NVS experienced rapid growth and needed one, single solution to manage all their branches, inventory, business needs, and scale easily for the future.
- Seamless operations with one fully integrated system
- Unlimited user licensing allows more staff involvement with the system
- Automated order system provides real-time visibility of all inventories
- Time savings of 3 – 4 days per month when updating inventory pricing
- Intercompany transaction process saves time in manual data entry and bookkeeping work
Discover NVS’s Growth from Switching to Acumatica
See how Acumatica can help your agribusiness. Contact us today for more information and a free demo of the best-in-breed, agribusiness ERP solution.
Agribusinesses are becoming increasingly crucial worldwide. It isn’t just small, family-run farms any longer; the agriculture industry has transformed into large, modern business models. From farm equipment, pesticides and fertilizers, seed supply, crop and food storage, farm production and processing, financing, food delivery and marketing, to research and development, one thing is common across all these: the use of modern technology, specifically an ERP system. With the use of this type of technology, agribusinesses have optimized every process and are finding more efficient ways for everything.
Agribusiness Challenges and Opportunities
Uncertain times bring not only new challenges, but new opportunities. Having access to both historical and real-time data gives you the insight to tackle challenges head-on and change with the times. To remain profitable, agribusinesses must be able to anticipate and accommodate things like supply and demand variables. Scaling production is one area every agribusiness should be looking at. Do you know where you can automate processes, reduce waste, and increase efficiency, while freeing up resources?
Global demand for food is expected to double by 2050. Can you keep up?
Growing your business isn’t the only variable to think about. Sure, maybe you can keep up with the demands but is quality going to suffer? Consumers and regulators are calling for increased quality standards and better traceability methods. Without a reliable, efficient backbone system, farming and food manufacturers will have a hard time meeting changing compliance requirements and certifications. Now is the time to make sure you have a modern solution in place.
Why ERP for Agribusinesses?
The use of a modern Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution is crucial for any business. This one system can bring all your agribusiness activities together, giving you a single point of truth for your data: accounting, sales, purchase, inventory, and other business areas. Because modern ERP systems are scalable and future ready, they have helped leading companies achieve profitability and sustainable growth.
With an all-in-one ERP solution, like Acumatica, you can streamline every process from procurement to production to distribution. Modern ERP solutions are scalable, helping you to maintain efficient business operations, ensure product quality, track costs and accounting, and manage your supply chain and distribution. Many agribusinesses have also seen benefits such as, an increase in value, achieving trade efficiency, enhancing internal collaboration, and improving business analysis.
Take a look at some of the features a modern ERP system can do for you:
- A holistic view of all financial reports
- At-a-glance, unlimited dashboards to manage your business
- Real-time inventory and resource tracking
- Farm-to-table traceability
- Geo-mapping and scouting options
- Crucial reporting, from revenue analysis to budgeting
- Peace of mind security – protection for your data
- Tracking and enhancing compliances and regulations
- Trend analyses and predictions such as weather patterns
- Easily track all details – crop planning, scheduling, procurement, inventory, lots, etc.
- True mobile app: get real-time information from the field
Can I Afford an ERP Solution?
Growing your business, scaling for the future, staying up on regulations and compliance, and ensuring top quality isn’t easy, but what is it going to cost? I know you’re thinking a new ERP system might be too big for your budget but think again. There are many options for every size business. Additionally, by having accurate and timely data, you can better control costs associated with production, especially labor costs, and get the highest profit for your products and services.
Galeforce Consulting Partners understands the complexities of the agribusiness industry. With over 20 years of experience, we have supported and provided custom solutions for agribusiness firms of all sizes. Whether you are small and starting up, or mid-sized and growing, we can provide solutions to make your business operations more efficient.
We can help your business grow with the times, while controlling costs and staying in compliance. All you need is the right, modern ERP solution. Take a look at how we helped American Meadows thrive with Acumatica.
Small Farms Don’t Have to Settle for Small Technology
Discussions around advances in technology in agriculture typically revolve around large industrial farms, but about 90% of the farms in the U.S. and worldwide are small and, according to the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations, these small farms produce 1/3rd of the world’s food. Small farmers may not have the budget for the latest shiny technology – but with investment in a cloud ERP solution these businesses are solving the question, “how do I do more with what I have?”
Smarter Tools Equal More Profit
Modern technology tools like Acumatica that can greatly improve efficiency, productivity and profitability are already here, are mature and proven, and with a predictable monthly cost, are within reach of the smaller farmer. Deploying and running your systems on the cloud means no large, upfront capital expenditures, predictable costs, and no worrying about maintenance and upkeep. The reality is new possibilities for farmers to adopt smarter, more efficient, and more profitable farm management practices exists right now. Like so many other worthy endeavors, often only inertia stands in the way.
Simply gathering and storing information digitally about your farming operations – to use at some future point – is not enough to get ahead. There’s an ever-growing and increased level of complexity when it comes to managing and growing farming and agricultural operations. (e.g. unprecedented climate swings, changing and more demanding consumer expectations, historic labor shortages). Real-time visibility into everything from production and shipping to financials and regulatory compliance has never been more essential, and it is within your reach.
What an Efficiency Upgrade Will Do for You
Today’s hyper-competitive environment requires operations to be streamlined, information systems integrated with the ability to access information anytime, anywhere — whether in the field or on the go. Farmers also need the ability to change business requirements (as needed and on-the-fly), to manage operations from end-to-end within unique seasonal and sensitive time frames which will allow for these traditional practices to yield more with higher profitability.
Let’s look at three operational segments primed for an efficiency upgrade:
For most smaller agricultural operations, the company’s Financials are managed and run separately. After Financials become completely integrated with the rest of your operations you will be able to instantly and in real-time gain a clear and predictable understanding of your cash flow and revenue cycles. You will be able to accurately plan your operational and capital expenses across any timeline with the ability to adjust on a moment’s notice.
Supply Chain Management
Supply Chain Management allows for real-time visibility and control over your inventory to maximize your profits and minimize storage. After integration with your Financials, you will now be able to automate your entire supply chain by updating inventory based on purchase and sales orders dovetailed with your suppliers’ systems and other third-party applications.
Virtually all farms hold significant tangible and depreciating assets. Real-time visibility into asset depreciation, maintenance schedules, and resource availability are critical features for maintaining continuous operations, especially in the seasonal and sensitive timeframes faced by farm and livestock owners.
Once control is gained on these critical business processes, other operational activities can be automated in areas such as expense management, performance analytics, workflow management and human resource management. The end-result is the automation of real-time information to assist in making more informed and quicker decisions in their day-to-day operations.
Interesting in Learning more?
Galeforce Consulting was founded and is run by businesspeople. They have stared down the same types of operational issues and bottlenecks you have. Read more about how other agribusinesses are capitalizing on efficiency and staying competitive in an ever-increasingly competitive landscape.